- Zechariah 9:9-12
- Psalm 145:8-14
- Romans 7:15-25a
- Matthew 11:16-19, 25-30
Sunday Morning Conversations
Group Therapy: Forgiving, Accepting, & Growing, by Overcoming the Hurt, Loss & Anger
This therapeutic process group is designed for men and women who want to develop a healthy journey through the path of forgiveness.
This confidential group utilizes the empirical studies and knowledge of Robert Enright’s book, “Forgiveness is a Choice” and will help you to identify key losses, injustices, wounds and/or regrets that you may have experienced, and learn to address and heal them in a purposeful and Christ-centered way.
By helping you to focus on a particular person and/or injustice in your life, the main goal of this group is to help you to learn and experience what forgiveness is, why we are called to forgive and the specific ways of how we forgive.
This Group Will Help You To:
• Understand the biblical importance of forgiveness
• Challenge the myths and barriers to forgiveness
• Learn to address the signs and symptoms of un-forgiveness
• Identify and validate the key injustices, wounds, losses and regrets you have
• Develop a personalized plan for forgiveness as God intended it
• Create a support system and community for a forgiving life