- Isaiah 50:4-9a
- Psalm 31:9-16
- Philippians 2:5-11
- Mark 14:1-15:47
Sunday Morning Conversations
- 9:45 am Sunday
- Emmaus Room
The Road Home
The Road Home/
Interfaith Hospitality Network (IHN) Shelter Program
IHN shelters homeless families with children through a network of area churches and synagogues. Families who are accepted into the program are usually with IHN about 3 months. Each week they are moved to a different area church or synagogue where volunteers move the family’s belongings into individual rooms, usually Sunday school spaces, where there are heavy duty cots available to them to sleep on in privacy. Volunteers from these congregations provide the overnight shelter, breakfast and dinner meals each day, laundry and shopping services and evening activities for the children and families. During the day, family members either go to work, school or stay at the daytime shelter. At the Day shelter, case management services are provided to help the families gain independence and stability.
For more information, or to volunteer, contact Jenna Piché at 815-541-3994, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are many ways to get involved with The Road Home IHN!
• Cook food at home and deliver it to the host.
• Help with set-up on the first day where we make sure the rooms are clean and move in the family’s cots and belongings so it feels a bit more like a personal bedroom.
• Be a dinner host where you help set-up for dinner, serve, eat, and help clean up.
• Spend the night with one other volunteer in the church.
• Help with laundry, shopping or transportation during the week.
• Move out family belongings on the last day, pack, and clean rooms.
• Become a co-coordinator for our church!
2017 St. James "Buddy Weeks"
January 29 - February 5, 2017
April 30 - May 7, 2017
June 25 - July 2, 2017
August 27 - September 3, 2017